PTA Meetings 2023-2024
All PTA meetings will be held online. Please check your email for meeting information or sign up for a remind account!
- August 31, 2023 @ 7:00 PM (Thursday) online
- September 14, 2023 @ 7:00 PM (Thursday) online
- October 26, 2023 @ 7:00 PM (Thursday) online
- November 30, 2023 @ 7:00 PM (Thursday) online
- January 18, 2024 @ 7:00 PM (Thursday) online
- February 29, 2024 @ 7:00 PM (Thursday) online
- March 21, 2024 @ 7:00 PM (Thursday) online
- April 25, 2024 @ 7:00 PM (Thursday) online
- May 23, 2024 @ 7:00 PM (Thursday) online
SYJ PTA is happy to serve our school with lots of events throughout the school year! Check the calendar above for upcoming opportunities. We are excited to have your support! You can join the PTA here for just $6 to get involved and be informed about all the ways we can help!
If you wish to serve as a frequent volunteer at the school, there is a badge you can obtain with a background check through APS with fees. If you need financial assistance, contact the SYJ PTA President. Clearances are supervised (with teacher present) or unsupervised (field trips, club volunteers). To start the background check process, email Jack Vermillion with the following information. Thank you for your service! ~SYJ PTA
Contact info-Vermillion@aps.edu and include the following information in your request:
- Your Name
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Email address
- Street address
- Last 4 digits of social security number
- Name of School: S.Y. Jackson
- The Principal will submit the request to APS
- APS will submit a request to the APS Police Department
- APS Police will contact you for payment and fingerprinting instructions (walk-ins are not allowed at this time).
- APS Police with contact you with the results. If cleared, you will be given instructions on how to obtain you badge.
- If the fees for the background checks present a difficulty for your family there are PTA funds to help cover the costs. You can contact our PTA President Sarah Krzyzanowski.
- For those who don’t have access to computers, you can go to the APS administrative offices at 6400 Uptown Blvd. NE to fill out the volunteer application.
For more information on volunteering for APS, call (505) 855-5267.